2013年8月15日 星期四

雅思聽力必備的20個片語




 雅思聽力必備的20個片語







1. a change of pace 改變步調;換口味
You can't do these chemistry experiments all day long. You certainly need a change of pace.
2. a far cry from 相距甚遠
The published book is a far cry from the early manuscript.
3. and how 的確
A
She' s a good dancer. 
B
And how .
4. a matter of time 時間問題
It is only a matter of time.
5. a phone call away 一個電話之遠,即願意過來幫忙
If you need my help, do let me know. Just remember I am a phone call away.
6. a while back 不久以前
Well, I listened to that CD you lent me a while back.
7. all along 一直
I knew it all along.
8. anything but 絕對不
I was anything but happy about going.
9. account for 解釋   
How do you account for it?
10. after all 畢竟;終究
A
I' ve just seen the X-rays and your teeth look just fine.
B
I see. Then there is nothing to worry about after all.
11. allergic to ……過敏
Oh man! Something in this room is making my eyes itch. I must be allergic to something.
12. at sb' s service 願為某人服務
I am at your service at any time.
13. around the clock 24小時不停
Martha studied around the clock for management exam.
14. as far as I know 就我所知
But as far as I know, he once won the world champion at the Olympic Games.
15. at home with ……很熟悉
She is at home with problems like this.
16. back out
退出
A
Wasn' t Bert supposed to sing tonight?
B
Yes, but he backed out at last minute.
不履行   
She finally backed out of her promise.
17. be cut out for 適合於,有做某事物的天賦
She is cut out for a dancer.
18. be absorbed in 全神貫注於某事物
She has been absorbed in a horrorfiction. I can' t tear her away.
19. be addicted to 對某事物上癮
She has been addicted to drugs for years.
20. be attached to 對某事物有感情
A
I' m amazed that you are still driving that old car of yours. I thought you would have gotten rid of it years ago.
B
It runs well and I' ve actually been quite attached to it.


沒有留言:

張貼留言